5 Facts That You Should Know About Booking A Holiday Home
- January 18, 2021
1. Book ahead – Guests book Holiday Lets well in advanced, many 6-9 months prior to their arrival date. To get…Read More
Since the 2020 Pandemic the word “Staycation” has become a very trendy and popular term for Holiday Rentals. Staycation is a combination of the words stay and vacation and it simply means taking a holiday in your home country.
We might not always get the “heatwave weather” you would typically expect abroad but we are lucky to have dry and sunny days in the UK.
1. It could save you money. Holiday’s abroad tends to be very costly whilst staycations can be a cheaper option from glamping, to coastal cottages and city apartments. There is a lot of money to be saved staying in the UK!
2. No Long haul flights so less travel. No painful airport check in’s with a lot of waiting around, less travel time… and the added bonus of no jet lag!
3. Exploring your own country. We are extremely lucky to have so many tourist hotspots, from stunning beaches in Cornwall to historic towns and villages, as well as boating holiday along the river.
4. Supporting your local economy. During these unprecedented times we need to support our local economy more than ever. With many businesses having to shut it has certainly been a challenging time mentally and financially.
5. It is easier to take your pets. During the covid pandemic more families are buying pets, therefore many families will now have the difficulty of finding some one to look after their pet whilst they are away. Having a staycation in the UK means you can find pet friendly accommodation and take your pet on holiday with you!
6. Flexibility. When flying to go on holiday you feel you need a good few days abroad as you find yourself travelling for the first and last day of your holiday. Having a staycation means you have the flexibility from staying 1 night+.
7. Spending time with family and friends. One postive over the past year is it has become more apparent with our extremely busy lives how important it is to spend time with our family and friends. Staycations can bring family and friends together which would be more convenient to go away in the UK and mainly more affordable.
Perhaps you have some staycation recommendations? We would love to hear your thoughts on holiday rentals to share on our next blog!
Join The Discussion